BEST PARTY EVER!
posted in: Tips from Pros at 3:36, lunedì 9th giugno
The key to throwing the ultimate destination wedding has nothing to do with sparkle or impressing guests with expensive gifts. It’s all about making sure your guests are treated to a unique experience. That they feel valued, well looked after. Sure, it’s your day and you and your partner should create it how you want it. But don’t forget that you’re also celebrating the love you have for your friends and family. Let your wedding be the BEST wedding they have EVER attended!
Photo by Erin&Gabri
We at SposiamoVi want to share some of our best ideas for fab destination weddings. To help you focus on your guests and make their experience one to remember — from welcome baskets to after parties and beyond…
1) Choose just the right spot
Whichever location you choose for your wedding (off the beaten path, in a glamorous setting, on the beach) will automatically set the mood. But that also means that you have to take issues like travel, time and budget into account. Make sure that the location and activities you choose reveal the true personal style of you and your partner. Let your guests come away from your wedding weekend with a that was soooo them! feeling.
Check out our top 10 alfresco venues to get some ideas.
2) Offer travel & hotel info
Give your guests information on travel, hotels and activities to do in the area. While you’re at it, create a wedding website. This will give your guests a simple hub of information they can easily turn to for info about the hotel, your wedding itinerary, transport services, local area, cultural activities or how to make special arrangements (i.e. babysitters for the children). ¬ Work with a hotel to get a special rate for you and your guests by booking a block of rooms. Include the hotel location, directions, room reservation block code and booking deadlines in your invitations. ¬ Using a wedding planner? Make sure they can provide you with a personalised Concierge service that will give your guests the royal treatment. SposiamoVi guest care services will make dinner reservations, golf tee times, beauty and spa appointments and book any tour or activity imaginable.
Invitations by Lion in the Sun
3) A warm welcome
Nothing delights a destination guest more than finding a well-packed welcome basket in their hotel room. But what do you put in there? We’ve got loads of ideas, and they don’t even have to be super fancy or expensive! ¬ Pack a couple bottles of water, a little welcome note from you and your fiancé. If you have the extra budget, why not add a mini Italian vocabulary sheet (sure to bring on some hilarious moments), a tasty Italian snack and a bottle of local wine? ¬ Put together a small information packet with the important wedding information (directions, shuttle schedule, list of important numbers) along with some ‘must-see’ places to visit if they will have some free time, like where to get the best pizza and which bar makes the best cocktails. If you’ve created a wedding website, remember to update it for your ‘connected’ guests.
Photo from Pinterest.com
4) Stretch it out Some guests will travel for many hours to reach your destination wedding, so consider extending the event to include a welcome dinner the night before, an after party (see tip number 9) when the reception wraps up, and/or a brunch the morning after you say ‘I do’. You’ll be thankful for the extra time you get to spend with friends and family, and they’ll be grateful for another chance to say congratulations.
Photo by Lisa Poggi
5) Involve your guests Ask your close friends or family members to speak. To share their words of wisdom and marriage advice. Another great idea is to pass your rings around during ceremony and ask each guest to offer a silent wish or prayer for you and your husband.
Photo by Kristin La Vie Photography
6) Keep guests busy pre-reception You don’t want your guests to get bored and tired waiting for the reception to start. Arrange a tour if your reception is at a unique venue like a historical palazzo or villa, a museum or theatre. Or ask a venue representative to give out insights about the venue. Have lots of friends and family travelling from out of town, with no car? Help them out by arranging a shuttle from the wedding venue to the reception, with tour guide to point out places of (historical) interest. Bonus points for booking unique transportation like a trolley or boats! 7) Keep them entertained during the reception ¬ Rent a photo booth and have it print two sets of photos: one for your guests, one for you. ¬ Organise a ceramist corner or hire dancers or magicians. ¬ Bring in a gelato cart where guests can help themselves, or a traditional pizzaiolo from Naples.
¬ Unexpected entertainment is also wildly appreciated! Have professional singers act as waiters who suddenly burst into song, singing famous Italian arias.
Look back on who was there and how they experienced your wedding by organising an amazing Guest Book.
To help guests get to know one another put together some fun facts in a Who’s Who in the programmes. Who knows, your college roommate may have something in common with one of the groomsmen, strike up a conversation e viola! You’ll be a treasured guest at their wedding in a couple years ;-)
Photo from Image via Snippet & Ink
8) Dance the night away You want a band and/or DJs who can read the crowd, keep the energy level up. While you may have ‘play’ and ‘do not play’ lists, you want the band leaders and DJs to sense the type of music that appeals to the crowd at any given moment. Play selections that will keep them dancing, and let guests contribute a song for the reception playlist to help them feel involved. (NOTE: a good reason for the wedding couple not to have ‘iPod’ weddings or use non-professionals.)
Photo by Rebecca Arthurs Photography
9) Plan an after-party We know that one of the major concerns on the day is that it flies by so quickly! We also understand that the bride and groom and any guests may want to keep partying after the reception. For our SposiamoVi brides and grooms, we can suggest and organise amazing venues for a really fun after-party. Right up to the taxi transport later in the night. Our suggestions always suit your style, taste and budget.
Photo by Veroa Fotografia
10) Remember to say thank you! Last but most certainly not least: be sure to send a pretty, personal thank you note to your guests for their gifts and for coming to your destination wedding to celebrate your big day with you!
Photo by Velvetine Photography
Want your wedding to reflect the true Italian flair? Check out our 10 features for a true Italian Wedding. Do you want to get married in Italy? Need help organising the best wedding, and the very best party, ever? Contact SposiamoVi today and we will put you in touch with one of our truly talented wedding planners!