Want to create a wedding that guests will talk about for years to come? One that stands out as ‘the wedding’ where everyone gushes about having the best time? A wedding so good that friends and family keep asking when your re-affirming your vows so they can do it all again? Well, hold onto your wedding planner, because here are six sure-fire ways to deliver an unforgettable wedding guest experience.
Start off on the right foot by sending out your Save the Date card or video as soon as possible. This will help guests plan ahead. Next up – get your wedding online! As leading Italian wedding planners, we advise creating a private wedding website. Here you can provide guests with key details, from where to find the best flights to their accommodation details.
To save answering multiple emails you can also add FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) ticking off topics such as ‘what do I wear?’, ‘can children attend?’ and ‘I have a food allergy, what do I do?’.
In addition it’s also a great way to pass on little gems that will make your wedding guest experience stress-free. A perfect example being: ‘We’re planning an outdoor reception on grass – bring a change of shoes to save your stilettos!’.
You can also manage RSVPs and set handy reminders for key dates, such as when venues and vendors need final numbers.
Having a dedicated website is a win-win as it allows guests to plan and prepare, freeing you up to concentrate on other things. (Yey!)
Stuck for time? We get that time is tight when planning your wedding, which is why we provide private, personalised wedding websites as part of our exclusive concierge service for Italian weddings to guarantee the best wedding guest experience.
Designed to meet you and your guests’ every need, our crack concierge team can furnish guests with all the details they need, from venue details and dress code, to where the best hair and nail salons are – we’ll even book the appointment. As a result, all your guests need to do is rock up, relaxed and ready to party!
2. Pick Great Guest Accommodation – After travelling guests will thank you for choosing comfortable, affordable hotels close by. While some might be able to splurge on five-star accommodation others may be on a tight budget.
The trick is to provide a handful (between three and five is the magic number) of hotel options that will suit your guests’ style and spending budget. If you’re hosting lots of out of town guests, look at larger hotels. If it is only a few who are staying, smaller guest houses are the ideal option.
It’s also a good idea to reserve a block of rooms in advance. The benefit of a room block is that you’re likely to receive a discount, helping keep costs down.
To avoid being swamped with a million questions about accommodation (what’s the number of my hotel? Does my room have air con? What time’s breakfast again? You get the picture!) provide accommodation details and how to book on your wedding website.
Planning a wedding in Italy? Our talented wedding concierges can source the best local accommodation for your guests at the best price. Happy guests = happy you!
3. A Super Warm Welcome – Guests who’ve travelled far are likely to be tired and testy, so giving them a warm welcome is vital.
Arranging a guest ‘Meet and Greet’ is a great way to soothe frazzled friends and family and get them where they need to be. Our meet and greet service involves welcoming guests, transporting them to their hotel and making sure they have everything they need to settle in. It also frees you up to spend time focusing on you before the big day. (Hello, pamper time!)
Show guests your thinking of them by arranging a welcome basket of yummy local treats, drinks and a small personalised gift. For extra brownie points, pop in a copy of the wedding itinerary with a reminder of their pick-up time.
4. Provide a WOW Wedding Guest Experience for the Weekend – Plan a fabulous ‘welcome event’ for guests. As well as providing the opportunity to say hello and personally thank them for coming, it’s a perfect way for guests to get to know each other.
We’ve planned lots of gorgeous pre-wedding events, from simple, stylish cocktail parties to sumptuous wedding meals – take a look at this beautiful wedding White Party in Positano
It doesn’t have to be a full-on event either, a cosy dinner at a lovely local restaurant with your two families is a great way to bond.
5. Keep Speeches Short and Sweet – Don’t get us wrong speeches are part and parcel of a glorious wedding day but to keep your guests happy (and not sneaking to the nearest cocktail counter) keep them short. Set guidelines for speech givers, such as two to three minutes per person. And if you spot guests getting fidgety, have a secret signal for the DJ or MC to gently move things on.
Keep guests entertained and the dance floor jumping with a rocking DJ or band. The best way to get your guests dancing is to play the songs they want. Find out if your DJ or band take requests. As soon as they hear their favourite song intro, they’ll be on their feet!
6. Crowd-Pleasing Extras – We’ve got lots of crowd-pleasing perks up our wedding planner sleeves, here’s a few to impress your guests:
Planning an Italian wedding? We specialise in crafting gorgeous, guest-pleasing weddings throughout Italy. We’d love to hear your ideas, say hi here: firstname.lastname@example.org